Monday, February 10, 2014

Reset Focus

It's not always Yoga that resets the focus.  It could be the bright and shiny smile on your child's face or a message from an old acquaintance. One message in particular spoke volumes to me the other day.  Here is her update (names have been replaced):

Don't drink and drive! I hate February 8th. It was this day - 15 years ago -that Billy and I got the call that my sister Mara had been in an accident, was dead, and she had killed a 73 year old grandfather, Martin, in a head on collision. She could never have lived with herself had she made it knowing that her actions ended someone else's life. I am thinking of Martin's family today also as... they remember and wonder what life could have been with him still here-like I wonder about Mara. She was a good person who made a terrible, terrible choice. She never meant to hurt anyone, but she did. So can you if you drink and drive or let a friend/someone you know or love drink and drive. So don't. I miss her dearly. RIP Mara and Martin.
 
This resonates with me for a myriad of reasons but in my early 20s the days were numbered.  Those were some dark times but on 28 MAR 2006, the Universe decided enough was enough.   I had a divine intervention or moment of clarity.  I began to take care of my physical and spiritual self.  I knew if I continued on with the lifestyle of that timeframe, I would hurt someone.  I freed myself.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment