Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Inner Soldier Revolution


For quite some time I hit a weight-loss plateau.  I tried Advocare, Shakeology, Garcinea, NO-xplode, ketones, Cardio-Cuts, and every type of protein shake imaginable.  I did Insanity, P90x, and every kind of Bro-Workout Maxim had to offer. The results were minimal.  I did get stronger, but trying to crash diet along with these "methods" resulted in failure.  I was doing it all wrong.  How very American of me to try and 'microwave' my fitness and health. 
Then, my wife and sister-in-law dragged me to a Hot Yoga class. I had done Yoga before and new about its benefits but never took a liking to it.  Loosely translated Yoga means 'yoke'.  You literally harness your mind and body to work together.  The answer to my problems did not lie in some 'elixir' or 'miracle shake'...it lied within. That was 3 months ago and I have been hooked since.  I have gone from a 38 to 34 inch waist...but that is just a mundane detail.
My brain is like a well oiled machine...for a 37 year old.  My memory has improved (drastically), and my approach to problems is more methodical.  My hockey game is back to the '1995' in me.  I can see the ice better and my stride is more fluid.  As much as I despise running, it is a lot less stressful on my mind and body.
2014 will be an interesting Revolution around the Sun.  For all this time I have been looking externally for "the answers", only to discover The Inner Soldier. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment