Monday, February 10, 2014

Serendipitous Connection

During my daily burn, Kim's message was about putting others ahead of your own personal gains to help others achieve success.  She began with a story about a mentally challenged child playing baseball with some "normal" kids.  The kids had to let go of their competitive desire to win the game and give this child his moment of glory.  A touching story indeed.  I came to the class with the intention of going about 80% effort in preparation for Ashtanga the next day.  I did not think much about the message. 

I got home and started my usual routine of drinking coffee and perusing social media until I saw my neighbors stuck in their driveway.  Without hesitation I went outside in sub-zero temperatures to offer assistance. The young couple told me they had been digging their car out for an hour.    A few seconds following the rescue, my other neighbor got stuck.  Once again, without hesitation I rushed to help her out.  No problem.  The coffee and laptop were still there. 

This is not a story of heroics or a time to boast.  It is a story to weather the elements and help others in need.  The serendipitous connection of Kim's message to the early morning events was uncanny.  Today the universe spoke to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment